Conversation On The Edge Of Silence
Experience Conversations on the Edge of Silence (COTEOS) one-to-one & in small groups.
For helping professionals and leaders, try individual and group Supervision.
Want to learn more? A short Workshop may be for you!
Check out our in-person retreats for individuals and for groups. And our longer introductory and advanced seminars.
Conversations on the Edge of Silence
A fresh, new way to support change, learning, and growth among individuals, couples, groups, organizations, and communities.
Through this gentle process, for individuals and couples, you can
- Enjoy inner growth and develop as a whole person
- Learn to reflect more deeply on the meaning of your experience and understand it in new ways
- Tune into the key underlying patterns present in your life and support their unfolding in a gentle and natural way
- Recognize and better navigate important turning points in your life
- Enhance relationship by exploring and opening to ‘Radical Intimacy’
- Know yourself better and awaken to your true nature
Generative Dialogue in Groups
Conversations on the Edge of Silence provide a new way for groups and communities to communicate effectively and develop cohesion. Through Conversations on the Edge of Silence, we enjoy a quality of exchange that is inherently creative – a ‘Generative Dialogue’. In this shared process,
- We enliven a highly powerful field of ‘collective intelligence’, that is much more than ‘the sum of the parts’
- As our collective functioning becomes more coherent and cohesive, critical differences are faced and explored honestly, deepening transparency and trust
- Valuable insights into ourselves and each other appear, further deepening our relationships and capacity to collaborate effectively
- Opening to our common source, the ‘heart of the matter’ crystallizes, and important and unexpected solutions and opportunities emerge
- Meanwhile, our capacity for relational presence – to be sensitive to group process and contribute authentically to individual and group unfolding in practical and positive ways – grows
Neither traditional coaching, counselling, nor therapy, Conversations on the Edge of Silence are grounded in a deep connection between us.
Our approach is holistic. We attend to the way expression in words is reflected in the body. We listen with mind and heart to the whole person. We tune in to what is expressed on the surface and to the deeper currents implicit in it.
As we truly listen to each other and open to the common ground we share with all living things, and with nature as a whole, what is essential mysteriously emerges and unfolds naturally.
Our fluid conversational COTEOS approach emerged from extensive research over decades exploring and updating connecting life patterns and defining assumptions about Self and World with individuals and groups through the process of ‘Re•Patterning’. Re•Patterning offers a particularly focused and intense Conversation on the Edge of Silence.
Conversations on the Edge of Silence involve more than just talking. Our dialogue is embodied and inevitably touches the unfolding and expression of inner energy. Sessions of innerdance support Generative Dialogue by freeing our vital energy, which opens the bodymind to deeper insight, understanding, and to share what we receive.
You can experience the benefits of Conversations on the Edge of Silence with Generative Dialogue in sessions for individuals, for couples, and for groups and teams. Such sessions are available in person and on-line.
Typically, we offer 1-hour sessions for individuals and somewhat longer sessions (1.5-3 hours) for couples, groups, and teams.
Sessions of Re•Patterning and innerdance typically take 2.5–3 hours.
If you want to learn more about the nature of Conversations on the Edge of Silence and Generative Dialogue and their applications in a range of contexts, we offer a number of short three-hour workshops introducing this approach.
We can offer these workshops in your location to introduce the COTEOS approach.
We also offer longer workshops and retreats for those who want to take time out, for a restful break with a focus on personal reflection and growth. These retreat-workshops can be taken alone or in a group.
In these retreat-workshops, Conversations on the Edge of Silence and Generative Dialogue support personal and shared growth and unfolding.
If you are a member of the helping professions – a coach, counsellor, therapist, social worker, or consultant, facilitator, or team leader – and want to learn more about Conversations on the Edge of Silence and Generative Dialogue, we have a range of workshops available for you on request.
You may also join one of our scheduled events, whether a short presentation or longer programme, whether introductory or advanced, either at Nirarta or in other parts of the world.
If you are interested in reading more, we have a range of articles and longer publications about our work. A number of articles about Conversations on the Edge of Silence and related topics can be accessed here.
We also feature a number of short videos and interviews.
Conversations On the Edge of Silence and Generative Dialogue were developed in the current form by Peter Wrycza, PhD, a coach, consultant, and trainer from the United Kingdom, currently based at the Nirarta Centre, the retreat he founded in East Bali.
Conversations on the Edge of Silence are the fruit of a life-time of reflection on the nature of change and development in individuals and groups – and how such change and growth intersects with the unfolding of that profoundly creative awareness and intelligence latent within us all and within all things.